Sunday, June 9, 2013

From A Dream




she is beautiful; mysterious 
she suffers and mourns, but moves in graceful waves. Dancing her pain back to the earth as she tosses her long limbs and dark hair. Speaking a language I do not understand..

he understands; dark and wise; 

I Watch
him, watching her, with a fiery gaze that could permeate any body of water. 

I See
her resist him the way I mold my feet into the sand and strengthen my connection to earth resisting the ocean’s current pulling me forward into it;
until finally, the force is too much.

I am swept beneath.
she is swept onto him. Their bodies become one.

I Feel
they weave like vines, I am one with them intertwined, We are One.

I Wake
cheeks wet, heart pounding a beat between loss and love, body shaking; 
trying to resist, and knowing we are held.

No comments:

Post a Comment